Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Heyyyyy Brother.

So my brother will be arriving in Madison in about 20 minutes. He is here for my graduation, which is on Sunday. I haven’t really felt like I was graduating until my bro called when he landed in Milwaukee. I can’t believe that it is actually here. I picked up my cap and gown today with Gina and Sara and it was surprisingly ordinary. For some reason I feel like these events should be happening with more poignancy. Like when I got my cap and gown, the Chancellor should have been there to bestow upon me the sacred crimson and white tassel rather than some random dude who yelled, “Joel Pessermin.”

Thank God that today I feel relatively healthy compared to the last week. I only had to take three Advil rather than the blitzkrieg of Tylenol Cold and Flu, Dayquil and horse tranquilizers (guess which one I didn’t actually take, you’d be surprised). Tonight I think we are just gonna lay low and grab some dinner, but tomorrow will be a glorious day that will be remembered for ages; tomorrow is Terrace Thursday. Now I know that that probably doesn’t mean much to most of you but trust me when I say that if 20 years from now I was asked to sum up my college experience in one moment I would say Terrace Thursday. I should clarify that tomorrow is the 2nd annual Terrace Thursday, the first one occurring last year of course. This was the day that the beer ran like water from the taps. I don’t know how much we all drank but it ended with Tal dancing in the fountain in Library Mall and Gina puking in her bathroom, demanding an audience. I can’t really remember if I did anything that was of note but come on; it’s me. So yeah tomorrow will be off the heezy.

Artist: Death Cab for Cutie

2 comments:

TMW said...

At least by now you've realized your brother's name is not, in fact, Brother.

Gina Marie said...

Ahem I for one would enjoy a new post, as this one has been up for two months. A thankyou.