Friday, May 23, 2008

Carpe M’Fing Diem!

So today was one small step for man, one giant leap for JSP. Today I did something that I haven’t done since I was in the eighth grade. Today I asked a guy out (just to clarify, I asked a girl out in the eighth grade). I have been planning this since; oh I don’t know, Monday. I am not someone who you would call spontaneous. If given time to plan, I can be as impetuous as the next guy. So yeah, this was kinda a big deal for me. I definitely thought I would have been so much smoother than I actually was. I am pretty sure I sounded like I was speaking a mile a minute. Also, the phone call lasted less than like 2 minutes. I pretty much said hey how is it going, and then do you want to go to dinner on Tuesday night.  He said yes which is good. Of course once I was off the phone I was over thinking what I had just done. Did he say yes because he wanted to say yes or did he say yes because he felt obligated? I don’t know, I think I am just a huge spaz.

I think that I need to focus on the fact that it is just dinner and that is all. I am gonna be leaving Madison in a little over two months. I think that is partially why I am acting so out of character. Knowing that I could go out of my comfort zone without being completely vulnerable I think allowed me to do this. Also, I am not like completely in love with the guy that I asked out. I think he is way cute and fun but we have only hung out twice. The thing is I kinda went out of order in terms of the whole going on a date and then getting to “know” each other.  I can say one thing; he is a really good kisser. So we will see how things go on Tuesday. Obviously I will post about the whole thing; unless it goes horribly and I am too busy boozing away the sadness.

Watching: Brothers and Sisters

No comments: