Wednesday, March 26, 2008

And I wondered…?

Any self-respecting gay man or straight woman will recognize the title of this post as the beginning of SJP’s rhetorical questions on Sex and the City, ranging from whether men and women can truly “get” each other or whether babies and shoes are comparable in worth. I have realized that if my goal of being an amateur blogger turned blogger star is going to be realized, I need something that will be my hook. Should I trash celebrities while still worshiping them as mystic tan idols? (I do both of these things in my daily life anyway. That Posh Spice is freakin awesome!) Or should I start “Outing” people who are doing a disservice to the LGBT community? (I am not a fan of confrontation so I think this is out of the question too. Besides I am too far away from the political arena being in Madison.) Either way, I need to think of something.

In other news, yesterday I had Yoga at 8:50 in the morning. This is definitely one of the perks of being a graduating senor; I am able to take blow-off classes even if they are at the ass-crack of dawn. I didn’t do any yoga over the break so I don’t know why I thought that I would be fine in class. Today my body seems to be perpetually tensed which I am pretty sure is exactly the opposite of how I am supposed to feel. I’m in the class with my friend Kyle and he found it amusing when I was trying to do the Candlestick pose. I usually pride myself on my wicked balance but yesterday it was as if I was Lucille 2, suffering from functionally debilitating Vertigo. Oh well, Phyllis, the instructor, tells us it is the journey not the destination that is important.

Oh, speaking of Eastern philosophy, I am sure you remember from my previous post I had accidently selflessly given $25 dollars to a homeless man. Well yesterday when I went to Starbucks to get my Grande Decaf coffee (I can’t handle even the smallest amount of caffeine, I know it’s weak-sauce) they were in the process of brewing some. They said that because I would have to wait it was on the house. Fuckin Bomb! I can’t think of a clearer example of karma, can you?

1 comment:

Liz said...

i like your template